Translate

Thursday, May 24, 2018

My opinion on the death penalty

I, for much of my life, was on the fence about rather or not the death penalty should be permitted. 
For a time, I did not have an issue with it (under the condition that the right people were being executed), until recently.

First, Styxhexenhammer666 said in his video "Trump Backs Off Marijuana Prohibition but Mulls Executing Drug Dealers ft. Clinton", that governments should not execute people because the people are not subjects. That, on a philosophical level, changed my mind.


Second, I watched a couple of videos ("4 Ways the Crime Lab Can Frame You", and "Stossel: Junk Science Locks Up Innocent People") talking about how evidence can be inaccurate at best, and at worst, be used to falsely convict people. Those, on a forensic level, also changed my mind.

So now, I am in opposition to the death penalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are more than welcome on this blog! Please feel free to share your 2sense below.

ANYONE can post a comment here! There is not even word verification to hassle with, either!

By the way, if you know or have an idea as to why people rarely comment on this blog, please let me know!

Do you like my "Read if you're making assumptions about me" post?